The questions for the first fortnight are:
1. Which river is Rome built around?
2. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
3. What do you look at to tell the age of a horse?
4. What Centigrade temperatures correspond to 32° and 212° Fahrenheit?
5. Where would you expect to find the line letters QWERTY in an office?
6. If you went travelling somewhere on the shank’s mare, how would you be travelling?
7. What is the one type of blood that is okay for anyone to receive?
8. What are the three states of matter?
9. Astronomers use the astronomical unit. What does it mean?
10. “It’s raining cats and dogs” is an idiomatic expression. Can you explain it?
Download the questions from http://perso.wanadoo.es/fyq/ and put your answer in the box by "The English Corner" noticeboard.