miércoles, 18 de marzo de 2009
NEW QUESTIONS OF THE FORTNIGHT http://perso.wanadoo.es/fyq/
These are the questions of the second ( 2nd) fortnight.
Good luck to everybody!!
Estas son las preguntas de la segunda quincena.
¡¡Suerte para todos!!
1. Who plays the music at a disco?
2. What do you call your wife's brother?
3. There is only one English word that ends with the letters "mt". what is it?
4. What causes a solar eclipse?
5. Last January's film, "Minority Report" , was a science fiction movie starring Tom Cruise . What was Tom Cruise character's name in the film?
6. Last night I dreamt I went to Manderlay again is the opening line to "Rebecca", the most famous novel by Daphne du Maurier. What is the first name of the narrator?
7.Many people consider this day of the month as an unlucky day in the English speaking countries.
8. What is the most important building designed by the Spanish architect Enric Miralles Moya that was only finished after his death?
9. The word "superstition" comes from Latin. What does it literally mean?
10.BBC /bi, bi, si/ is an abbreviation and the word LASER / leizer/ is an acronym. Why?